Are you looking for the perfect job in photonics? Perhaps you’re an employer struggling to find the right candidate with expertise in optical fibers? Well look no further because this year POM will be hosting a job fair! The POM job fair has two parts:
1. The Job Board. As an academic or industry employer you can post your photonics job for free onto the POM job board. Those looking for jobs at any career stage (i.e. BS, MS, PhD, and beyond!) can submit a short description of their background and research interests, that will be viewable only by employers registered for POM.
2. The Virtual Job Fair. On Wednesday, January 13, 2021 from 2:00 – 5:00 pm EST, POM will host a virtual job fair on Gather. Employers can sign up for a booth free of charge, provided they are there for at least one hour. Job seekers can then attend our virtual job fair and field questions to potential employers.
Job Fair Schedule:
All times EST on Wednesday, January 13, 2021. Booth numbers for the Gather.town job fair precede the representative’s name.
2:00 – 3:00 pm
1. Alisson Rodrigues de Paula, PIXNET Erasmus program, Italy
2. Silvia Vignolini, Vignolini Lab, University of Cambridge, United Kingdom
3. Chelsea Barna, Centre for Research in Photonics (CRPuO), University of Ottawa, Canada
4. Stefanie Barz, Barz Group, University of Stuttgart, Germany
3:00 – 4:00 pm
5. Aseema Mohanty, Mohanty Nanophotonics Group, Tufts University, United States
6. Maheera Abdul Ghani, Grenoble INP France
7. Jeremy Upham, Quantum Photonics Group, University of Ottawa, Canada
8. Jana Nieder, Intergovernmental Research Organization (INL), Portugal and Spain
4:00 – 5:00 pm
9. Azar Oliaei, Georgia State University, United States
10. David Busch, UT Southwestern, United States
11. Joseph Chreim, Swabian Instruments GmbH, Germany
12. Mickael Mounaix, The University of Queensland, Australia
Jacques Carolan, Neils Bohr Institute, Denmark
View the job board in full screen here.